Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Balancing Act Plus a Meal Plan

In the course of a week here, I try very hard to create various balances: cost/variety, vegetarian/meat, electricity/no electricity, time required/payoff for time, and healthy/less healthy. That often means thinking a lot more about food than I would necessarily like to, but hopefully underscores your feelings that making and preparing for food in South Asia takes a lot of work. Here's this week's meal plan for dinners:

Wednesday
Italian Chicken Chowder with Crusty Bread
If you don't already follow Sara Beth at Market2Meal, you totally should. She's got loads of wonderful recipes that are practical to make here. 

Thursday
Spaghetti with Garlic Bread

Friday
Moroccan Chickpea Stew with Rice and a Mediterranean Salad

Saturday
Hamburger Helper - Don't be hating...

Sunday
Veg and Tofu Stirfry with Noodles

Monday
Tuna Rice Casserole

Tuesday
Eggplant Melanzane, Pasta, and Leafy Green Salad

Just a few comments if you're thinking something sounds gross, and you're wondering why I'd eat that if I like food. Yesterday, my husband and I were talking about weird foods that we missed--his Hamburger Helper, mine tuna casserole. He's not a big fan of the casserole, but we've never had it in the 11 years we've been married so it deserves a chance. I'm not a huge fan of Hamburger Helper, but I recently stumbled across a Make Your Own version that seems to be fast enough to work with our busy Saturday night Skype schedule. Will let you know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment