Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Peachy "Poppy Seed" Dressing

One of my all time favorite summer dinner items is a crisp salad that has fruit in it. I know many people might think it sounds horrible, but don't knock it till you've tried it. Right now, we're nearing the tail end of peach and plum season (my favorite!!) so I put together a simple salad of mixed greens, cucumber, toasted almonds, fresh mint leaves, and sweet peaches last night. Refreshing! When searching for a recipe for a sweet poppyseed-like dressing last night, I came across a few and combined them to make this. Now, you should know the "" marks are because I've never actually found poppy seeds here so my dressing did not include them. Sorry for the lack of a photo, but it was already being wolfed down before I remembered! Slightly overripe peaches are great in this because it doesn't matter if they're pretty.

Peachy "Poppy Seed" Dressing
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoon cider vinegar
4 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons honey (or less if you prefer less sweet)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon mustard
1 juicy peach, skin removed (2-3 little ones)
2 Tablespoons poppy seeds

Pour everything except poppy seeds into a blender and puree until it is smooth and creamy. Add the poppy seeds if you have them. It almost looks like a mayo based dressing when it's finished. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Top your favorite salad with this.

I think it would also be delicious over fresh fruit.

Note: If you don't have different vinegars around, white vinegar would probably be a completely fine substitute.


No comments:

Post a Comment