Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Note to Clarify

In response to some of my previous posts, a friend messaged me something regarding "gluten free" posts that I should probably clarify. On many of the posts that contain oats, there is the label gluten-free. Regular oats are not gluten-free. However, in many developed countries, you can buy oats/porridge labeled "gluten free" off the shelf. If you live in my part of the world, you may not find such things. So, when I label these things "gluten free," I work under the assumption that if you are gluten-free, you will know which ones to buy and whether you can find them where you are. I have known people with gluten intolerance who seemed to be fine with the local oats and others who could not use them so be careful if you're trying to prepare something "gluten free" for a guest visiting you. Also, some other recipes with the label "gluten free" are labeled as such because they can be easily adapted by making sure you use gluten-free stock cubes (no MSG) or homemade stock or opting for a different variety of vinegar.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear and thankful to the person who brought it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment